Wednesday, January 10, 2007

IKEA in Southampton


I think it is fantastic news that Southampton may have an IKEA in the very near future. Previous attempts to site the store here have been thwarted by the planning process and the Government Inspector.

The Pirelli site seems ideal to me for a new store.

The other day I had a letter from IKEA. They are putting on a public exhibition on Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week. It will be held in front of the Bargate and will run between 10am and 4pm. This is to obtain the views of residents, shoppers and local business prior to them submitting a formal planning application.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I am realy pleased by having a new Ikea in southampton. Creating a wider market, new job prospects, city developpment. Five stars rated city, Southampton will be. All the best.