Monday, July 31, 2006

A Lesson in Crime Prevention

I have just read an interesting article in City View. It said that Satellite Navigation devices were stolen from more than 300 cars been January and May.

Well my car was broken into on my drive two weeks ago (the day before I went on holiday!). I had foolishly left my docking cradle attached to the window. So they wrenched it off and took it. The SatNav wasnt in the car but I was still left with a bill for the window. Theres a lesson there I think...

The article advises:

- Mark your SatNav with your postcode and house number.
- Make a note of the make, model and serial number.
- Take your SatNav with you.
- Wipe away suction pad marks on the windscreen (thieves will notice these).
- Don’t leave your SatNav in the glove box (thieves will check here first).

The article says that if people want more advice, they should call crime prevention officer John Bailey on 023 8059 9860.

No comments: