A note from the Council which is being posted to people in the area and put on signs.
Work is scheduled to start during the week commencing 11 July 2005 and be completed by 23 December 2005. It will involve:
1. Renew street lighting in Howard Road and Archers Road.
2. Renew kerbs and resurface footway north side of Howard Road from Stafford Road to Hill Lane.
3. Renew kerbs and resurface footway south side of Howard Road as above.
4. Plane off and resurface carriageway in Howard Road as above.
5. Install ducts etc for new traffic lights, inclusive of pedestrian phase, at Hill Lane junction.
6. Renew kerbs and resurface footway north side of Archers Rd from Hill Lane to Westrow Rd.
7. Renew kerbs and resurface footway south side of Archers Road as above.
8. Install Toucan crossing just to west of Northlands Road.
9. Plane off and resurface carriageway at Hill Lane Junction.
10. Plane off and resurface carriageway in Archers Rd from Hill Lane to Westrow Rd.
11. Install traffic lights at Howard Road Hill Lane junction.
Items 1 to 4 and 5 to 10 will each take approx 11 wks and Item 11 approx 4 wks.
The street light replacement will start on 11 July 2005 at the western end of the site and work east in advance of the footway works.
The civil engineering work will commence on 18 July 2005 at the western end of Howard Road and again progress east.
During the construction we will operate a one-way system, the westbound traffic will use Howard Road and Archers Road, the eastbound traffic will follow a signed diversion.
The road will be closed for the carriageway resurfacing with access for residents only.
For the duration of the works the bus routes and stops will probably change. All alterations to the routes or stops will be advertised by the bus companies at their original stops.
In order to comply with the requirements for signing and guarding roadworks and Health and Safety Legislation we would ask that you park your car away from the works to allow the contractor to continue without hindrance.
Cars parked off the carriageway can stay in position, but there may be times when it will not be possible to get out of or return to the parking space.
No waiting cones will be placed along the road, this will be done in conjunction with the police. Any cars parking within the cones will be removed.
Access for pedestrians will not generally be affected but at certain times various lengths of footway may be closed. Please for your own safety obey all the signs.
Whilst every effort will be made to keep disruption and inconvenience to a minimum you are requested to exercise extra caution during the construction works. We hope that the long-term improvement will justify the short-term inconvenience.
Should any further information be required, please contact Mr Steve White (Resident Engineer) on 07734 070760