Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No To New College Development Plans


I have written and formally objected to Linden Homes' plans to develop the former New College / La Sante Union site.

Linden have submitted 7 planning applications which include proposals for 200+ flats.

I wrote objecting to Linden's plans when they first came to light at their presentation to residents back in February. Click HERE for details of my letter to Linden and HERE for their reply.

I have objected on a number of grounds:

1. Firstly the design is totally out of keeping with the character of the local area, which is designated a conservation area.

2. Secondly I am concerned that only minimal efforts have been made to make the proposed development environmentally sound and sustainable. I would very much like to see any development on the site link into the city's combined heat and power station and was disappointed that Linden rejected this idea.

3. Thirdly I am concerned that there are too many flats and not enough family housing.

4. Finally inadequte parking will lead to increased parking pressure on the surrounding area.

Click HERE for the recent Daily Echo story on this.


No comments: