Monday, April 24, 2006

Encounters with the BNP

I was out campaigning in Sholing Ward on Sunday (in an effort to get our Conservative candidate, Clare Bettison elected) when I bumped into a group of BNP political activists. I initially thought they were Lib Dems (as they were rather strangely dressed - one had a huge raincoats on and it was quite a warm day). They were handing out fliers for the local elections. I was a bit confused as the BNP aren't putting up a candidate in Sholing Ward. I discovered that they thought they were in Bitterne. They were from Bournemouth and were a bit lost. I gave them directions. They asked me about what I thought of all this immigration. I explained that the City Council didn't really have an immigration policy. It reminded me a bit of the chap we canvassed the weekend before, who said if we would get out of Europe, close borders to immigrants and resinstate the death penalty, he might vote Conservative. I am not sure people understand what a local election is about. Nevermind!

1 comment:

Nick King said...

Jeremy

You've just described my opponents from the Littledown and Iford by election! Sounds like they were wearing the same outfits they did in November.

Good luck next week.

Nick